About the Role
Base Location: Perth or Dundee
Salary: £38,073 - £44,257 + company vehicle + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This role holds wide spanning responsibilities, allowing you vast exposure to the team and business activities.
- You will have responsibility for ensuring all construction / maintenance works are built to the correct specification and compliant across the Scottish & Southern Electricity Networks part of the Business.
- You are responsible for carrying out a robust inspection programme for all works carried out by Framework Contractors and Internal resource within the South Caledonia Region. The role will require you to manage, co-ordinate and carry out on-site inspections and record the accuracy and quality of work being undertaken by both SSEN and our Contractors. The Frameworks include overhead lines up to 33kv, Primary substations & civil works, cabling mainland and islands, jointing, rising mains, automation and any other works that are required by the business.
- You will need to demonstrate knowledge and experience of working within a similar role however consideration will be given to applicants who can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the Power Distribution industry and have experience of working on Low and High Voltage Distribution Network.
- In addition, you will be required to manage the compliance element of a variety of projects ensuring construction delivery is in accordance to the contract. This will focus on key areas that include safety, quality, compliancy and specifications.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Relevant qualifications in construction / maintenance or experience working on the Distribution Network is essential.
- A strong knowledge of electrical plants.
- Be able to write and produce inspection reports on standard templates.
- Have a knowledge on carrying out safety audits on sites.
- A full UK driving licence is required as your role will involve a degree of travel between sites and occasionally staying away when inspecting remote locations and islands.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fiona on 01738 340954.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.