MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
£33,000-£36000 dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsWhat we can offer:
- Bonus scheme of circa £2,000
- Comprehensive pension package
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime (subject to level)
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and onsite gym
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for carrying out the assembly of a variety of mechanical components from small fixtures to complex missile systems. You will be able to understand and follow drawings and detailed planning instructions in order to complete and certify hardware builds.
What we're looking for from you:
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
- Ensure manufacturing build times are met.
- Check and complete all required manufacturing data requirements.
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure.
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
- Communicate best practice to other team members.
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 is essential for this role.
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate is preferable.
- Ideally have manual handling training and lifting & slinging training (Including overhead cranes).
- The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.