Part Time Project Planners & Project Controllers
- Closing date
- 7 Apr 2023
- Electrical, Electronics, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the armed forces who protect our nations. We partner with our governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: £40000 - £60000 depending on experience - this is the full time salary and would be pro rata depending on the hours worked.
This is a permanent part time role - we are looking for 21 hours or more per week
Some of what to expect:
- Bonus of up to £2000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site (Stevenage only)
- Excellent career progression/development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern:Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 50% onsite and 50% working from home.
MBDA is a world leading defence organisation, with more than 12,000 people worldwide, of which 4,000 employed across our UK sites. Glassdoor has recently ranked MBDA among the top 10 Best Places to Work in 2022 in the UK for work/life balance. We have also achieved three Gold Investors in People Awards for investing in apprentices, wellbeing and people!
With the recent growth across our Project Control function, we have opportunities for enthusiastic and motivated Project Planners and Project Controllers to join our team, where you will have an opportunity to grow your skills and develop your career within a collaborative and encouraging environment.
You will be working on:
Project Health -Validation of individual Project assessments and identification of issues and risks within the Project assessments for discussion with the project.
Schedule Assessment - steering the validation of Project level schedules as accurate, coherent and in accordance with the Programme planning principles.
Integrated Baseline Management -Leading the generation of the Integrated Baseline schedule in order to successfully deliver the programme in accordance with planning principles;
Costs to Go (and associated EAC)- validation of Project level costs to go as accurate and appropriate, including assessment of outlying forecasts, to support the EAC;
Risk and Opportunity Management- Leading all Schedule Risk Analysis across the Projects where SRA is appropriate;
New Business- Active involvement in Bid Team activity, ensuring the Project Management ‘basics' are appropriately considered and implemented
What we are looking for from you:
- Planning experience - ranging from detailed planning to summary level milestone delivery plans.
- Capability in creating and maintaining project structures (WBS/CBS/OBS)
- Experience in generating and analysing project performance data (schedule, resource, and cost).
- Ability to perform and analyse SRA/Critical Path Analysis/EVM
- Motivation to determine root cause and identify corrective action
- Experience of Project Management Toolsets (SAP/ARM/Primavera/Oracle Unifier)
- Knowledge of Baseline Management and Change Control
- Accountability for project data - owning the quality of the project control reporting suite
- Ability to influence, work independently and be part of an integrated multi-functional team
- Clear communication skills and the ability to foster collaborative working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage conflicting demands
Whilst not essential, it would be beneficial if you have the following:
- Understanding and involvement in Project Estimate at Completion/Forecast Cost at Completion reviews.
- Risk & Opportunities / What- If analysis
- Understanding of resource loaded schedules
Clear development path within MBDA
Opportunity to pursue leadership and subject matter expert paths
Encouragement to achieve recognised (PMI) qualification
Become a valued member of the growing Project Management and Control function, with opportunities to work across varied domestic and international projects.
Working in an exciting and changing environment, there are opportunities to contribute and make a difference in delivering capability to our customers.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearances
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert