Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation.We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa£45,000 - £55,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Bonus of up to £2,000 per year
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime (Up to 20% for this team)
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
A really great opportunity has arisen with the Portfolio Delivery Team, this role will enable you to influence the design process for the entire MBDA Portfolio of Complex Weapons! Do you want to use an opportunity to use innovation and creative problem solving to drive positive growth and shape the future? Then this role could be just for you!
Portfolio engineering takes advantage of Commonality, Modularity and Reuse (C,M&R) in design across projects to deliver world-leading capabilities to our customer at an affordable cost. As the Portfolio Delivery Engineer (Electrical Architect) you'll be key in the management of strategies to mitigate vulnerabilities and capitalise opportunities brought about by C,M&R.
Your interests will span all products within the Portfolio, at System and Sub-System level. Responsible for the delivery of engineering associated with commonality in equipment such as, Missiles, Weapon Systems, Inertial Measurement Units, Safety & Arming Units, Motor Safety Interface Units, Datalinks, etc.
On a day to day basis you will be managing engineering issues which emerge to pose a risk, requiring a flexible and creative approach. You'll be tasked with translation of the Portfolio C,M&R Opportunities and Vulnerabilities Management Strategy into engineering plans to support projects and equipment design authorities. Leading delivery risk awareness and establishing links with stakeholders across MBDA. Along with this also handling C,M&R within CW Portfolio products.
The Portfolio team pioneers MBDA's engineering strategy. We operate in a completely unique position by sitting across all projects and equipment teams. Personal development is a keystone of the team and building your skills will be a priority. This is a fantastic opportunity to steer your career progression through networking and demonstration of novel thinking, with the freedom to operate in your own way to achieve your objectives.What we're looking for from you:
- Communicate effectively with different engineering disciplines within MBDA, external suppliers and the customer.
- A good understanding of the design process throughout the product life cycle.
- Think flexibly and creatively when presented with complex design challenges involving multiple stakeholders.
- Manage priorities optimally with different issues across multiple projects.
- Technical experience desired in electrical/electronics, knowledge of defence/industry standards, etc.
- Degree level qualification in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent in a related subject.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.