MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Circa £50,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Bonus of up to £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working, such as 2 to 3 days a week on site.The opportunity:
A growing order book at MBDA has created an increased workload for our state of the art manufacturing facility at Bolton. To establish and maintain production rates across the product range we require strong first line support from the design teams to address issues as they occur.
As such, an opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team in Bolton to support production activities and act as an interface between the design teams in Stevenage and manufacturing in BoltonWhat we're looking for from you:
- Ideally, Degree/HND/HNC qualified plus experience in Mechanical Design and Development or Manufacturing Support.
- Experience in the mechanical design development (the wider this experience the better), and preferably, (but not essential), in the defence or aerospace industry.
- Experience in supporting manufacturing, resolving manufacturing issues, and supporting the transition of product into production.
- The ability to write clear and concise engineering documentation, (including reports and investigation logs), and have good verbal communication, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Pro-active, motivated and tenacious in resolving issues and generating solutions to problems whilst under time pressure.
- Great team player, able to work well in a multifunctional and multi-skilled team environment, supporting knowledge transfer to/from colleagues
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.