Mechanical Design Support Engineer
- Circa £50,000 DOE
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Circa £50,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working, such as 2 to 3 days a week on site.
A growing order book at MBDA has created an increased workload for our state of the art manufacturing facility at Bolton. To establish and maintain production rates across the product range we require strong first line support from the design teams to address issues as they occur.
As such, an opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team in Bolton to support production activities and act as an interface between the design teams in Stevenage and manufacturing in Bolton
What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally, Degree/HND/HNC qualified plus experience in Mechanical Design and Development or Manufacturing Support.
- Experience in the mechanical design development (the wider this experience the better), and preferably, (but not essential), in the defence or aerospace industry.
- Experience in supporting manufacturing, resolving manufacturing issues, and supporting the transition of product into production.
- The ability to write clear and concise engineering documentation, (including reports and investigation logs), and have good verbal communication, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Pro-active, motivated and tenacious in resolving issues and generating solutions to problems whilst under time pressure.
- Great team player, able to work well in a multifunctional and multi-skilled team environment, supporting knowledge transfer to/from colleagues
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert