Minor Connection Design Manager
- England, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- £44100 - £66100 per annum + bonus, car
- Closing date
- 11 Apr 2023
- Electrical, Project Engineering
- Power, Renewables
- Job Type
Base Location: Portsmouth (Walton Park) with weekly travel between Portsmouth, Swindon, Oxford and Poole.
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 max + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As a Minor Connections Customer Experience Design and Journey Manager you will be focused on delivering an exceptional service.
The first part of the role plays an integral part of the customer quotation journey by assessing customers' needs post application and providing customers with an accurate quotation to enable a successful connection service delivery.
You will be a key driver in ensuring that all customer quotations issued to our customers are accurate, easy to understand for our customers, compliant and meet all standards and regulatory requirements:
- The role is responsible for several teams who will carry out detailed quotations for the minor connection market segments.
- Performance management will be an integral part of the role, coaching and developing the team to provide support. There will also be a great focus on managing KPIs and Objectives.
- Your role will also include overseeing and organisation of customer application transfer and analysing the current processes to streamline and automate tasks to scale, as the company grows.
The second part of the role is the responsibility of the Minor Connections Customer Communications Centre. You will work with a team of 8 FTE, to co-create, implement, and then manage the agreed communication customer strategy from application to delivery.
- You will be responsible for managing the Time to Quote for each job and working relationships with other departments.
- We are looking for someone to maximise and improve the customer experience and their journey through their new connection quotation process.
- You will manage Quotation Team Managers, to ensure they and their teams support internal stakeholders.
What do I need?
- An understanding of the energy sector and the associated network infrastructure.
- Skills to collate and analyse trends with the ability to promote enhancements or change where required.
- Educated to a City and Guilds Level in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, or similar with industry/network knowledge.
- Great relationship and performance management skills that support the execution of KPIs and Objectives with the ability to develop and communicate clear goals.
-This role will require you to think fast and will suit an individual with great motivation, resilience, and tenacity. Someone who is highly performance and outputs driven, both in terms of customer, performance, and people.
This role will require regular travel, therefore a driving licence is an essential requirement.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert