Cloud DevOps Lead
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 1 May 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
We are seeking a strong technical lead with AWS experience to join us in a generational IT change in a key government department.
Our client is embarking on an extended period of migration and modernisation as they seek to move their IT estate from legacy hosting to a new AWS cloud environment.
BAE Systems has won the opportunity to lead this in conjunction with the client management, working as one integrated team to shape and direct work through provision of a Coordination function.
A critical role within our team is the Cloud DevOps Lead, who will act as the senior engineer for the Migration, where you will be instrumental in enabling our client to exploit new capabilities which will be totally transformational for their mission.
Further, this position gives the opportunity to interface with client decision-makers, exercising influence and personal autonomy and providing leadership (dotted line) to a large team of Engineers.
- Define DevSecOps Engineering approaches and standards
- Advise on key readiness activity for migration to Cloud (e.g. Technical setup)
- Consult/Advise Client and Delivery teams on technical implementation approach and technology considerations
- Identification of application-level AWS exploitation opportunities
- Technical migration Requirements and Risk capture/mitigation at application level (and readiness assessment pre-commence)
- Supporting and Assuring technical delivery by Delivery Teams (ensuring high standards and tracking delivery consistency against agreed approach)
- Identifying technical training needs within Client Teams
- Technical background:
- Strong Infrastructure as Code,
- Good working knowledge of AWS platform,
- Good knowledge of at least 1 Lambda compatible language (ideally python),
- Working knowledge of OIDC, CI/CD experience.
- Experience of AWS technology; EC2, ECS, EKS, ECR, S3, Lambda, EFS, DynamoDB, RDS, KMS, ELB, Cognito?, codedeploy, VPC
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert