NS - Automation Test Engineer
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 1 May 2023
- Automation, Design, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Automation Test Engineer
- London based Hybrid working(3 days WFH per week)
- SC with ability to apply for Enhance clearance
The ability to quickly deliver quality applications is fundamental to everything we do. We develop and integrate applications of national importance, which really do make this country a better, safer place to live. We’ll give you the chance to work on sophisticated projects. You’ll enable us to deliver high-quality applications quickly via automation providing continuous feedback.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Proven experience of automated testing, web applications and web services, but all automation experience is relevant
- Scripting and executing automated tests using Cypress or other automation tools
- Experience of investigating root causes of functional issues and providing corrective actions - either individually or in conjunction with the development team
Ideal but not essential skills and knowledge
- Experience in REST, XML, JSON, Parquet, Postman, SQL, Oracle, ElasticSearch, Kibana, MongoDB, Jenkins
- Experince in writing Java
- Experience using defect and test management tools (e.g. JIRA) to track defects and manage tests
- Experience in using and interacting with Windows / Linux / Web Services / Databases
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert