Human Factors Consultant
- Closing date
- 23 Jun 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Project Engineering, Quality, Research and Development
- Aerospace & Aviation, Defence, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer
Are you a knowledgeable Human Factors professional with practical experience of providing Human Factors input into design development in High Hazard Industries?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our innovative, personable, talented and growing team of Human Factors specialists who value our colleagues and work collaboratively to ensure our clients receive cutting edge Human Factors solutions.
We provide expertise to enhance human performance within high hazard industry creating safe, effective and efficient systems. The breadth and depth of our technical expertise enables us to provide practical and flexible solutions to the most complex challenge.
We are looking Human Factors consultant to join our growing team, as a member of the team you will have responsibility for quality technical delivery, as well as developing and maintaining client relationships. Your client facing tasks will vary from working in multi-disciplinary teams on major engineering programmes to carrying out specialised work on an individual basis, as well as providing support to senior colleagues in delivering specific project outputs. Therefore, you need to demonstrate good communication skills and will be required to liaise across different disciplines and departments.
The role will also require you to support business development activities including the writing of bids and contributing to innovation and knowledge sharing across our Human Factors community.
The initial focus of your work is likely to be Defence related projects, but other market areas are also growing in demand for Human Factors resource, as clients gain awareness of the benefits that Human Factors capability can deliver to their businesses.
On occasion travel to client’s sites may be required. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate the following -
- Good knowledge and experience of applying a range of Human Factors techniques, such as task analysis, error analysis, design assessment, Human Machine Interface assessment, qualitative and quantitative data gathering techniques and analysis, procedural analysis, human performance measurement, workstation and operations room design.
- Demonstrable experience of applying Human Factors Integration and Human Factors processes, standards and techniques to engineering projects, ideally within Defence.
- A good degree or post graduate qualification in Human Factors or a related appropriate field, such as ergonomics, psychology, engineering or industrial design.
- CIEHF Registered Member status or equivalent.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of relevant Human Factors UK and international standards/guidance and their application.
- Evidence of a commitment to technical excellence and continued professional development.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and client facing skills; good powers of communication, persuasion and diplomacy, as well as the ability to challenge appropriately.
- You may have experience of working in high hazard industries.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a top global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins is one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies; it is the UK's 3rd largest engineering consultancy. As such, we have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects. The multidisciplinary nature of our work allows us to draw on expertise from across Atkins to deliver complex projects both in the UK and in support of our other businesses overseas.
The work is always challenging and evolving, but if you’re ready to take on a challenge, and assume technical, commercial and project responsibility to your full potential, then Atkins is a great place to further your career in engineering.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert