- Silchester, Epsom, Reading, Bristol
- Closing date
- 23 Jun 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Design, Electrical, Quality, Safety
- Aerospace & Aviation, Defence, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Empowering projects in a complex world.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you.
Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
As an Engineering Manager in our 'Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology' (ADS&T) business you will take the lead on delivery of our multidisciplinary engineering programmes. Whether it's leading bespoke design solutions or major infrastructure programmes, you can take pride in the impact your contribution will make on maintaining the UK's defensive capabilities.
As an Engineering Manager within ADS&T you will:
- Lead the delivery of major multidisciplinary engineering programmes.
- Integrate delivery across multiple engineering disciplines such as mechanical, civil and electrical.
- Author and update technical documents.
- Manage your projects' delivery against Time, Cost and Quality requirements.
- Support our QA process through review or checking colleagues’ work.
- Present your and your team's work to the client at formal reviews.
- Work within project teams, these may include placements at clients’ sites.
You will have -
- A degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline.
- Chartership with a relevant engineering institution or be progressing this.
- A sound understanding of engineering principles and their application to varied projects and domains.
- Experience of working in and leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver infrastructure projects.
- Familiarity with working to design codes and industry standards appropriate for a safety critical industry.
- Experience in the production of design documentation, including calculations; reports, specifications and requirements capture documents.
- Experience of participating and presenting material at formal design reviews.
You may also also have -
- Experience working in the nuclear or other safety critical industry.
- Working on large civil infrastructure projects.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a top global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins is one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies; it is the UK's 3rd largest engineering consultancy. As such, we have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects. The multidisciplinary nature of our work allows us to draw on expertise from across Atkins to deliver complex projects both in the UK and in support of our other businesses overseas.
The work is always challenging and evolving, but if you’re ready to take on a challenge, and assume technical, commercial and project responsibility to your full potential, then Atkins is a great place to further your career in engineering.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert