Empowering projects in a complex world.
You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life.
As a Compliance Verification Engineer (Structures) in our 'Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology' (ADS&T) business you will take the lead in ensuring the development of safe, compliant and practical solutions for aircraft structural modifications and repairs. Whether it's the challenge of aircraft electrification or the application of novel manufacturing methods, you can take pride in the impact your contribution will make on advancing our world.
As a Compliance Verification Engineer within ADS&T you will:
- Provide independent advice to support the development of safe, compliant and practical solutions for changes to type design across composite and metallic structures.
- Provide independent review of fault investigations, and technical support to queries relating to aircraft structures, repairs and process control testing.
- Engage with clients (civil and military) to understand their requirements and develop these into specific taskings.
- Support the Head of Design Organisation with the development of the DO and associated capabilities.
You may also -
- Lead technical teams in the design and analysis of aircraft structures and reviewing and approving the work of others for release to clients.
- Support the development of technically robust commercial estimates for delivery of aerostructures and structural airworthiness work.
You will have:
- A degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering related discipline.
- Hold, have held or be working towards EASA Part 21J CVE status or equivalent/
- Knowledge of EASA Part 21 Initial Airworthiness Regulations and/or MAA MRP.
- Detailed knowledge of the EASA Certification Specifications and/or MAA Def Stan 00-970.
- Experience of developing composite and/or metallic structural repairs and modifications.
- Experience working in a EASA Part 21J or MAA DAOS Design Organisation.
You may also have -
- Effective leadership skills with specific experience of Supervising engineering delivery teams.
- Experience in analysis and substantiation of aircraft structures and/or systems from first principles.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a top global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.