Leading the edge of transformation.
You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally. We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life."
Join us as a Hinkley Point C Project Technical Manager within ADS&T. You will have a lead role in a growing team that advises our clients how to develop and verify safety-critical software systems and programmable systems to ensure that they overcome technical problems, meet engineering standards and regulatory requirements. We have a huge variety of projects on all the time, ranging from niche consultancy projects to large, high-profile programmes.
- Work with Project Managers to develop a technical work break down structure for the work packages, to plan and replan tasks as required.
- Support technical planning, including management of dependencies, risks, issues, assumptions and change.
- Be responsible for delivery of technical scope to the design directed by the Technical Director, creating new solutions to unblock/resolve issues where necessary.
- Manage the technical activities of the software analysis team and be the escalation/communication point between the Project Managers, Technical Leads & associated delivery teams.
- Act as delegate for the Project Technical Director.
- Underwrite effort and schedule estimates developed by Technical Leads.
- Ensure technical requirements and associated solutions are understood by Technical Leads and their delivery teams: e.g., tool development, approach to analysis etc.
- Be responsible for the quality of the overall technical delivery, monitoring quality during development phases, ensuring adherence to process and suggesting improvements, where necessary.
- Review and approve technical documentation prior to submission to the client, liaising with internal quality and technical assurance authorities.
- Manage the day-to-day tactical technical relationship with the client and 3rd party suppliers working on the programme.
- Attend Monthly Progress meetings, Sponsor’s meeting and Risk Review meetings with the client.
- Provide clear, value adding and timely progress reporting, addressing technical progress, risks, issues, opportunities.
What you can bring?
You will have –
- A degree-level qualification or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, science or engineering subject.
- Knowledge of design, development and test of real-time, embedded software, particularly in a safety-critical context.
- Experience in similar roles.
You will be –
- An experienced technical leader.
- A creative thinker and an excellent communicator.
- A team player.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a top global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.