Atkins, one of the world’s foremost Engineering consultancies is interested in hearing from contract and permanent LabVIEW specialists to support its growing current pipeline of work. The opportunity will provide you with a leading role on one of Atkins strategically important projects where you will be able help develop your career and contribute to implementing and verifying a software system using LabVIEW.
The role will enable the successful applicant to lead and design the safety related system and ensure that it satisfies technical requirements, standards and regulatory requirements.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to join a growing team and work on a range of novel systems and solutions across a variety of domains, ranging in scale from small concepts to large high-profile programmes.
- Take a leading role in developing and verifying a safety critical software / embedded solution using LabVIEW.
- Ensuring that requirements in DOORs meet engineering standards and regulatory requirements.
- Developing Virtual Instruments (VIs) in accordance with local standards and best practise.
- Debugging the LabVIEW real time embedded system.
- Leading and undertaking integration, factory acceptance and site acceptance testing.
- Provide on-site maintenance and support where required.
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrable LabVIEW design and development experience including Network Streams and the design and development of real time embedded systems including CRIO, PXI and CRIO Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) controllers.
- Experience of debugging, testing and assuring LabVIEW real time systems and VIs.
- Experience of requirements management including use of DOORS and Requirements Gateway in LabVIEW.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a top global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.