Software Engineer - Hybrid Working
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Guildford, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 28 May 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. We are a highly respected engineering organisation providing services to governments around the world. At Digital Intelligence we are proud of the mission critical systems that we build for our customers, in areas that truly make a difference to society. We work in a number of sectors including Healthcare, Law Enforcement, Security, Defence, Space, Telecommunications and National and International Government to name a few.
- Provide 4th Line Customer Support, both onsite and from Guildford, by building a strong understanding of project user equipment and backend services.
- Own and improve the backend services, Including tasks such as researching and updating legacy applications and interfaces.
- Provide engineering input and guidance to the technical and project leads.
- Engage with customer security processes by providing input and advice on upgrading issue areas.
- Work closely with the Infrastructure Support team.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent fields, or a combination of education and work experience, with relevant experience.
- 5+ years of Full Stack engineering experience, ideally with Powershell.
- Strong debugging capability, experience with legacy code bases.
The below section lists a range of technologies utilized that this role will be required to learn and interact with.
- Ability to work with a range of technologies such as Powershell, Java Processes, Apache, Bash, JAVA & C++.
- Knowledge of Linux or Android OS development
- Familiar with Git, Docker and Atlassian CI/CD tooling.
- Great communication skills and willing to learn new skills.
- Experience with Linux kernel or Android OS development.
- Experience with debootstrap, UEFI, secure boot and TEE.
- Familiarity of virtualisation technologies such as Xen.
- Familiarity with Linux networking, Linux configuration and hardware specific Linux development
- Experience with the X.509 certification process
At BAE you will find an environment that supports your personal development. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects and technologies. Our clients are constantly moving forwards with the technology that they use, and you will move forwards with them.
These roles require security clearance; if you are not security cleared already, you must be eligible to obtain clearance.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert