DSP FPGA developer - Wireless
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Guildford, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
The Wireless Products group works with customers to develop innovative mission critical technology. Applications include software radios, space technology and underwater systems.
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work as DSP FPGA Developers in one of our customer-facing product teams. Relevant industry experience is preferable but most of all we are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals with a strong academic background and the ability to learn quickly.
What you will be doing (role duties and responsibilities)
Depending on your project assignment and level of experience, you may work on some or all of the following:
- Design and develop state-of-the-art FPGA designs for one of our software defined radio (SDR) solutions.
- Design and test Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms using MATLAB or similar.
- Managing technical tasks/projects and people.
- Be involved in customer-facing delivery, sometimes to challenging deadlines.
- Customer-facing technical consultancy
What we are looking for (skills and experience)
We are looking for ambitious, high-calibre people with the following characteristics:
- Ability to produce high-quality FPGA designs
- Understanding of FPGA and SoC architectures
- Highly motivated with a strong academic background typically in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics with a 2:1 or 1st class degree. PhD applicants also encouraged.
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Broad interest in wireless technology, embedded systems and awareness of latest industry developments.
- 1+ year experience of FPGA development (eg VHDL).
- Understanding of radio communications
- Understanding of digital signal processing
- Development on Linux based systems
- Range of software development experience including MATLAB, C++, Python
- Understanding of digital and/or analogue hardware design with some hands-on laboratory experience of debug/set-to-work.
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.
Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/united-kingdom-security-vetting-applicant
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert