Lead Front End Developer
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Gloucester, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Start Date: Various
What we are made of:
We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK National Security sector.
Behind great solutions there are great people: our employees. We pride ourselves on being able to solve some of our customers’ most complex problems.
We work hard and often go the extra mile, but we recognise people’s efforts and that everyone has a life outside of work. We encourage people to speak up if they want to rotate to a new project in support of career development, or even just to face a new challenge and our breadth across a variety of projects will enable you to do this.
What background are we looking for?
- Have extensive knowledge of WML, W3C, and WAP standards
- A background or interest in designing native mobile apps
- Used external APIs to generate quality data driven applications
- Have led and mentored front end developers and junior members of staff, ideally in both a project context and as part of an internal practice or community of interest.
What you could be doing for us:
- Be responsible for delivering web and mobile experiences that look and perform superbly across all platforms
- Work with other UCD specialists to create digital experiences that inform, inspire and delight, regardless of channel or audience type
- Work closely with UX Consultants, Technical Architects and client-side staff to interpret user requirements and create appropriate solutions that deliver tangible results.
- Play a lead role in client engagements by setting direction, goals and expectations for our work and leading developer / UX teams (BAE and/or client) across multiple work streams including budget, technical, task and performance management.
- Be a leader in BAE for our front end developer capability, setting vision and best practice for how our teams should operate, achieving this through defining methods and approaches which make us successful and building and engaging a community of practitioners.
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from Gender Diversity to Mental Health/Wellbeing to Sustainability in the workplace.
If this sounds like you, it’s time to get in touch.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert