Equipment Development Testability Architect
- Up to £51,000 DOE
- Closing date
- 1 Jun 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £51,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
MBDA is looking for Equipment Development Testability Architects who want to use their knowledge in a Test and Testability role. You will support the project Verification lead in the deployment of the Test and Testability Policy for the product. Part of the role also includes supporting other areas of the business in the deployment and through life management of Test Equipment.
What you will be doing
- Lead the development of the Test Equipment TRS for the product.
- Responsible for working with the Delivery lead and Design lead for the definition and implementation of the Test and Testability Policy within a Programme.
- Support the overall Test Equipment Development activity to ensure delivery of required Test Equipment.
- Liaise with Manufacturing and PDS teams for Test Equipment related activities
- Support the definition of an optimal BIT coverage at sub-system level.
- Lead the development of diagnostic strategies for production.
What we're looking for
- Experience of Development and Production Test Techniques and implementation.
- Knowledge of structured hardware Modelling techniques (preferably eXpress).
- Experience in the development and implementation of test strategies and Automated Test Equipment for new products.
- Some experience of supporting Manufacturing Teams and Design teams.
What's in it for you?
This is a phenomenal and unique opportunity to experience a broader view of the development and manufacturing processes through interaction with multiple skills within MBDA for a given project and programme.
There are opportunities progression to become a Team Leader within the department and great development opportunities in other departments and functions within MBDA.
You will join a growing motivated, focussed and multi-disciplined team, where communication and the ethos to share information is key.
You will join a team that is dedicated to improving the way it works, how it interacts with other functions and directorates with a strong interest in the development of its people.
Join a great team!
You will join a motivated, focused and multi-disciplined team, where communication and the ethos to share information is key; a team that is dedicated to improving the way it works, how it interacts with other functions and directorates with a strong interest in the development of its people.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert