Electronic Design Engineer
- Derby, DE21 4AP
- Closing date
- 2 Jun 2023
- Design, Electronics, Manufacturing & Production
- Automotive Industry, Manufacturing, Software & Hardware
- Job Type
Electronic Design Engineer
Pektron Derby, DE21 4AP
Pektron Group & Bee Lighting
Pektron is a world-class electronics design and manufacturing company with a major investment in Bee Lighting, that designs cutting edge lighting systems, primarily for the automotive market. Pektron’s high volume electronics manufacturing expertise, with state of the art injection moulding facilities, and Bee Lighting’s creative, leading edge automotive optics expertise, combine to enable us to deliver complete technology packages for vehicle manufacturers.
Our approach is for Pektron and Bee Lighting to use their experience and technical expertise to advise and support customers in the development of innovative but cost-effective solutions. Continual investment in design, development, validation and manufacturing ensure excellence is provided as standard, and enables flexibility and control over the entire process. Electronics and Lighting solutions are designed and developed for Automotive, Off-Highway, Construction, E-Vehicles, Safety, Heating & Ventilation and Consumer markets.
You will be an electronics engineer whose focus is on electronics hardware design. You will have demonstratable experience in the design of electronic circuits comprising digital electronics, microcontrollers (8, 16 or 32 bit), the interfaces between electronic circuits (e.g. SPI, UART, I2C), memories (e.g. EEPROM, SDRAM and DDR RAM), analogue and power circuits comprising operational amplifiers, input conditioning circuits, filters and power supply circuits (Linear and Switched Mode).
You will be capable of working alone or with colleagues as part of an existing team of Electronics Engineers and will be accustomed to working to project deadlines in a customer facing role designing products suitable for high volume manufacture.
You will be part of an Electronics Team (~15 members) comprising Electronics Hardware Engineers, PCB Layout Engineers and Test Equipment Support Engineers. As part of this team, you will work alongside the larger Engineering team (~60 members) comprising Mechanical Engineers, Software Engineers and Production Engineers. You will design electronic circuits using existing Schematic capture, CAD tools and processes, working on interesting and diverse projects across the range of sectors that Pektron supports where you will be involved in every aspect of the product lifecycle from quotation, concept, design and validation through to manufacture. The role will utilise your full scope of electronics hardware engineering skills and experience.
Essential Skills and experience:
- Mixed analogue and digital design with microcontrollers (typically 32 bit in new designs – STM32, Aurix, iMX)
- Schematic capture
- Use of common tools such as DVM, oscilloscopes
- Performing design verification and board bring-up tests
- Understanding the validation cycle of a project including EMC and environmental validation testing
Desirable Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of some (but not necessarily all) of the below would be beneficial
- Power supply design (predominantly DC-DC converters)
- Automotive communications physical layer : CAN, LIN, Ethernet
- Experience in the use of System Basis Chips (SBC) and Power Management IC (PMIC)
- Use of High Side Protected FET devices, Low Side Protected FET devices, Half Bridge and Full Bridge Driver devices
- Understanding of Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Appreciation of Design for Manufacture (DFM)
- Awareness and use of circuit simulators (e.g LT Spice)
- Design experience of USB2.0 or USB3.0
- Design experience in Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-FI, LTE at a modular level
- Awareness of ISO26262 or other functional safety standards
- An understanding of Embedded Software
- Awareness of Vector CAN tools
A willingness and ability to travel internationally to support customers (typically US & EU) would be beneficial.
Experience in one or more of the following typical product areas would be beneficial but not essential :
- Body Controller ECUs for automotive applications
- Hydraulic Controller ECUs for off-highway and construction applications
- TFT Instrument Cluster panels for off-highway or automotive applications
- Interior and Exterior LED Lighting circuits for automotive applications
- Vehicle Security systems utilising RF, UHF & LF
From our beginnings in 1964, we have evolved into a significant global force as an electronics design, development and manufacturing partner for some of the worlds’ most recognisable brands.
With five factories in Derby, United Kingdom, containing the very latest in technology and with over 58 years engineering experience, we are accomplished and trusted suppliers of only the very best electronics to our chosen markets.
Our structure and resources enable us to be highly flexible and responsive to the needs of our clients. At Pektron we pride ourselves at being not just a supplier, but a partner who has the right set of values, culture and skills to bring real added value to our customers.
Today, Pektron are one of the largest privately owned electronics manufacturers in the world. We have achieved world class standards for design, development and manufacturing of complex electronics for a wide range of market sectors.
We work to the principle of providing first rate, reliable and robust electronics underpinned by the importance of having the right industry accreditations to ensure delivery of a quality product and service is guaranteed every time.
The majority of our products are designed and built to customer specifications. One of our key strengths lies with our sizeable in-house engineering department who are able to produce innovative, cost effective and robust electronic products within the most demanding of timescales.
We have experience of manufacturing electronics for most applications but have extensive resources to support the following sectors:
Automotive – Safety – Agriculture – HVAC – Construction – Electric Vehicles – Consumer
Growth has been carefully managed through strategic entry into key markets. Our strong principles of strength, honesty and integrity are supported by world-class capability, exceptionally well trained staff and a commitment to continual investment.
Today, Pektron electronics can be found in almost every country around the world and are relied upon by global customers to support collective brands which are worth billions.
Apply for Electronic Design Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert