- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Gloucester, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 3 Jun 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
We are looking for experienced Data Engineers to join our team following continuous growth and success. As a Data Engineer you will be involved in:
- Design, develop, test and support data collection, data integration and ETL applications to make information and data available to key client stakeholders and technical interfaces
- Model data requirements, data sources and data flows to bring order and structure to programmes of work
- Defining how and where data is created, mastered and destroyed to ensure proper control over the lifecycle of corporate data assets
- Using categories of products that can be used to collect, integrate, store, visualise and govern data and metadata
- Define metadata to provide search ability and governance (including Records Management) for unstructured data.
Not only will your team be directly making a huge impact upon the systems you work on, you’ll be doing it for an organisation who makes a huge impact to the security of the UK.
You will have experience in many of the following:
- Data Engineering, Analysis or Science, with a solid understanding of programming languages along with experience of applying them in your previous role
- Experience in using Data Engineering tools and technology ETL tools including Python and a number of the Big Data Applications. Rather than specifying a list of technologies we look for, demonstrable ability in what you have used previously, along with adaptability and willingness to learn is what we value
- A good understanding of Open Source software for Data Engineering and can evaluate these platforms against products. Given a customer problem you can analyse and evaluate options and recommend solutions.
- An understanding of maintaining and applies up to date, specialist knowledge of database concepts (including unstructured, NoSQL and ”big data” platforms), object and data modelling techniques.
- Previous experience working in the domain of Cyber Security and Intelligence is desirable, but not essential.
As a Data Engineer an active DV security clearance is required for this vacancy.
How we will support you
- Work-life balance is important; you can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working, and many of our roles include hybrid working enabling a mix of working from home and in the office
- You’ll get 25 days holiday a year and the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- You’ll be part of our company bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
About our team
Our people are what differentiates us, they are resourceful, innovative and dedicated. We have a mix of generalists and specialists and recognise that this diversity contributes to our success. We recognise the benefits of forming teams from a mix of disciplines, which allows us to come up with cutting edge, high quality solutions. Our breadth of work across the Public Sector provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise and with new clients.
You’ll be part of a big company, but we try to create a culture that feels like a small one. The work will stretch you and be challenging, but we encourage a healthy work-life balance. Most of all, we know teams who work well together also perform well. We’ll do everything we can to ensure you have fun at work, and in social activities outside of it whether that’s virtually or in person, as conditions allow.
We have a rich history of working within National Security. In fact, we have over 40 years’ experience of delivering advice and solutions to our customers in this sector, supporting them in carrying out their vital missions.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert