Agile Coach - National Security - Gloucester
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Gloucester, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 3 Jun 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Start Date: Various
What we are made of :
We are looking passionate Agile Coaches to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK National Security sector. Behind great solutions are great teams, and our Agile Coaches are there to help support, guide, and coach them to success. In BAE Systems we don’t believe in constraining ambition, and therefore view Scrum Masters as Agile Coaches.
What you could be doing for us:
- Our Agile Coaches help individuals, teams and the wider organisation to understand what it means to implement, adopt and embrace an Agile mindset. Agile Coaches come armed with a deep knowledge and understanding of various Agile tools, techniques and frameworks to guide a team or organisation on its journey to unlock and achieve its full potential using Agile methodologies.
- Our Agile Coaches guide, coach and mentor teams and organisations to embrace Agile ways of working to help them thrive in a complex world. Agile Coaches extol the virtues of an Agile mindset by being Agile, not just doing Agile.
- Our Agile Coaches ensure that teams and organisations understands and adheres to Agile theory and practices. The Agile Coach facilitates stakeholder collaboration, removing barriers between stakeholders and the team and/or organisation. The Agile Coach helps everyone to understand and enact an empirical approach for complex work to maximize the value created by the team .
- At a team-level, our Agile Coaches are accountable for the team’s effectiveness. The Agile Coach helps the team to perform at its highest level as a whole team and supporting the process to enable it to successfully deliver value. They do this by promoting self-organisation within the team, causing the removal of any impediments to the team’s progress and facilitating the team’s events and ceremonies.
- Our Agile Coaches support healthy team dynamics by creating psychologically safe environments where transparency and trust are catalysts for change and continuous improvement.
- Our Agile Coaches have a people-centric outlook using their emotional Intelligence and soft-skills to uncover and explore issues impacting the delivery of business value
- Our Agile Coaches are comfortable in navigating complexity and happy to operate in a range of Agile capacities, including Scrum Master, Kanban facilitator/coach, as well as roles specific to Scaled Agile frameworks.
- Above all, our Agile Coaches are more than a 2-day certificate Scrum Master - they are change agents, community builders, and leaders in their own right. They are passionate to grow their craft, attend conferences and local meet-ups, and participate in the businesses wider Agile and Scrum communities.
What background are we looking for?
- Have experience in offering hands-on advice and coaching to at least one team which you are not directly responsible for;
- Have lead and coached a department or small business-unit in Agile adoption and implementation;
- Facilitatedthe wider Agile/Scrum community within your organisation;
- Have confidence in interacting with senior stakeholders and mentoring different Scrum/Agile techniques
- You might have understanding or experience in Agile scaling frameworks such as Scrum@Scale, LeSS, SAFe and Nexus;
- This role can range from junior to mid-level so we are happy to take people from different career levels
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing to Sustainability in the workplace.
If this sounds like you, it’s time to get in touch.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert