Electrical Engineers – HV and MV/LV
- Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group
- United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 3 Jun 2023
- Design, Electrical, Nuclear, Project Engineering
- Nuclear Industry, Power, Renewables
- Job Type
- Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
We're hiring experienced HV and MV/ LV electrical engineers, mid-career to senior, and UK-wide. It means you have plenty of choices to really boost your career by joining our Nuclear and Clean Power businesses.
We have opportunities on key national infrastructure sites – including Hinkley Point C and Sizewell C, and nuclear fusion projects (ITER, UKAEA); and on energy networks including the National Grid Design & Project Services framework.
- Our Net Zero team is recruiting for HV electrical engineers on transmission and distribution infrastructure; you’ll most likely have a background in utilities, such as National Grid or national electrical infrastructure projects.
- Our Nuclear New Build team is looking for MV and LV electrical engineers for new-build sites, for which you’re likely to need experience in industrial electrical distribution. Importantly, you won't need ANY prior nuclear sector experience – our supportive teams will value your transferable skills, helping you to fit in straightaway and learn new ways to flex your expertise.
With us, your opportunities are endless.
We have a strong pipeline and are deeply embedded in these critical projects. For you, that means a wealth of opportunity both now and in the future to develop your career across the spectrum – from design, commissioning, support, project management and more. If you're looking for variety in an interesting and significant role where you can develop your skills, you can have it all.
Passionate about engineering better for our planet and its people?
These roles are making a huge impact on carbon net zero. Together, we’re strengthening the UK’s nuclear capacity as well as driving innovation in renewables – this shared commitment to achieving CNZ targets in the UK brings us all together; we're visibly and actively engineering a better future.
You belong where "Different Makes a Difference."
You’ll be joining teams, who, from management level down, are bursting with talent from across Europe and the UK. For us, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are "not just" about creating a happier workplace where everyone feels valued and free to share ideas. It's about making a lasting difference through our work and initiatives.
Find the right work/life balance inside Atkins.
Being an employer of choice, we respect your priorities, championing flexible and hybrid working policies that help you get the most out of life. As long as you live within an hour's commute of your office location (per each job description) and are comfortable with coming in 2-3 days a week, we'll give you all the flexibility you need.
Join one of the world's leading global consultancies with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert