- National Air Traffic Services
- England, Hampshire / England, Fareham, Hampshire
- £55227.78 - £73637.04 per annum
- Closing date
- 1 Jun 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Electronics, Systems
- Aerospace & Aviation, Computing & IT, Software & Hardware
- Job Type
NATS is the UK's leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally
This role is for a Systems Engineer within our Technical Services function which focuses on the Flight Data Domain of our Engineering Practice. This department enables us to meet our challenges in delivering major change and sustainment activities in support of operational ATM systems.
Systems Engineers within the Flight Data Domain will be experienced or able to gain experience in working with Flight Data Processing Systems, Controller Tools, Data Communications Systems, and related systems.
You will support the design of service management elements for new technologies being delivered and designing and transitioning services into a safety critical operation with multiple stakeholders.
- Support with requirements management and elicitation
- Support to with creation and updates to technical documentation
- Collaborating with Suppliers in managing technical delivery
- Working with other project teams to deliver a harmonised solution through a Service Orientated framework
- Leading the installation and setup of virtualised infrastructure environments
- Experience of Systems Engineering and delivery of complex technology change, ideally in a safety critical environment
- Application of ITIL methodology for Service Orientated Implementation
- A minimum HNC level qualification in an Engineering related discipline (or an equivalent/higher qualification, preferably a degree) and have relevant engineering experience
- Proven consideration to quality vs time when evaluating solution options
- Proven experience designing, deploying and maintaining Flight Data Systems for Air Traffic Control
- Application of Leadership & Management skills within an engineering discipline
- Application of Systems Engineering Lifecycle and associated processes
- Documentation generation, ability to generate operational Work Instructions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- General understanding of the role of Flight Data in Air Traffic Management
- Experience delivering Air Traffic Control systems into operational service
- Experience in designing, delivering, or deploying safety critical environment, high-availability solutions
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows, and OS configuration
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP infrastructure, e.g., client/server relationships, difference between subnets, LANs and WANs
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that's regularly reviewed, you'll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
We also offer agile working to provide greater flexibility and increased choice between working remotely or in our modern office facilities. We have adopted agile working to provide greater flexibility and increased choice over working arrangements, with the opportunity for this role to work in our modern office facilities as well as remotely. We also welcome discussions on flexible and part-time working arrangements. Find out more here.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe - we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.
Guiding over 2.2 million flights – carrying some 200 million passengers – is no mean feat. But thanks to a combination of state-of-the-art technology and the expertise and dedication of our people, that’s what NATS achieves over the course of a year. And it’s what makes NATS such an exciting place to work.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert