Hardware Engineer, Tewkesbury & Fleet - Permanent, On-site
- QUEST Global
- Tewkesbury & Fleet
- Closing date
- 4 Jun 2023
- Design, Electronics, Systems, Research and Development
- Aerospace & Aviation, Defence, Software & Hardware
- Job Type
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, Quest Global have an opportunity for a Hardware Engineering Specialist to work in our Hardware team. You will be joining a team of eight others working on a wide range of component-level design in the development of our products. This typically includes integrating high-speed data converters, high-end FPGAs, ARM-based System-on-Chip devices and associated power supply circuitry onto mixed signal PCBs. We use SPICE and Mentor Graphics signal integrity and schematic tools to capture designs.
The responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Responsibility for the design and overall quality of complex electronic sub-systems.
- Implementation of technologies including:
- Multi-gigabit digital interfaces (PCIe, 10G Ethernet, USB3, JESD204).
- Memory (DDR3, DDR4, Flash).
- Microprocessor (including ARM) and FPGA (Xilinx, Intel) circuit implementation.
- Power supply design for FPGAs and microprocessors.
- Collaboration with support functions and wider engineering disciplines e.g. software, firmware, PCB and mechanical engineering.
- Support of junior engineers through technical leadership and guidance.
- Estimation, planning and execution of work to build business confidence, report progress and deliver projects.
- Good understanding of the electronics component market and current offerings
The role of Hardware Specialist requires the following experience and skills:
- Experience of high-speed digital and analogue hardware design, simulation, implementation and verification.
- Integration and test of PCB assemblies and systems.
- Requirements elicitation and management.
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work, many our roles require a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
Please forward your CV, salary expectations and notice period to Nigel Smith below for further consideration.
QUEST Global is a pure play engineering solutions company with a proven track record that serves the product lifecycle needs of high technology companies. A pioneer in offshore product development engineering, QUEST Global is one of the largest engineering service providers that cater to diversified verticals. With its local-global model, QUEST Global combines physical proximity to the customer providing domain knowledge and ease of interaction; along with delivery from low cost locations that also provides easy resource ramp-up.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert