Quest Global is a pure play engineering solutions company with a proven track record that serves the product lifecycle needs of high technology companies. A pioneer in offshore product development engineering, Quest Global is one of the largest engineering service providers that cater to diversified verticals. With its local-global model, Quest Global combines physical proximity to the customer providing domain knowledge and ease of interaction; along with delivery from low cost locations that also provides easy resource ramp-up.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
To carry out Network Architect / Engineering activities as required by the business.
With the support of other members of the team, carry out network architectural and / or network detailed design tasks associated with designing for the sub-sea environment; specifically the design, configuration, test and troubleshoot of network configurations within a system or interconnected subsystems.
Architect only - act as technical lead for network related aspects of projects.
Line Management reporting to the Portfolio Hardware Engineering Manager ASW Inboard
Actively take steps to learn from other members of the engineering and project teams.
Share knowledge and experience with other members of the engineering and project teams.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The role may include, but is not necessarily limited to the following activities:
- Satisfy the requirement set through design and development activities.
- Implement the network architecture in physical form, fit and function.
- Define the Network Test and Acceptance Specifications.
- Demonstrate compliance to the requirements set through integration, verification and validation activities including production of Test Reports and certificates. Network Architect / Engineer
- Carry out network engineering activities in a team / multi-stakeholder / multi-discipline environment.
- Support colleagues working in the Thales team throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work collaboratively with Production (Industry) and Procurement departments to produce cost effective, manufacturable and testable hardware solutions.
- Work collaboratively with the software teams to capture the needs, integrate and test the solution
- Provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids (if required).
- Provide support to Production (Industry) as required, e.g. respond to Problem Reports and Change Requests.
- 5+ years of experience in LAN/WAN administration (engineer)
- 10 years of experience in LAN/WAN architecture (architect)
- Good all-round technical Networking Knowledge / Project Engineering background.
- Designing IP based Networks.
- Network security, using ACLs, Statefull Firewalls and Stateless Firewalls
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP protocol stack
- Solid understanding of the ISO protocol stack
- Understanding of Layer 3 routing protocols including OSPF and Multicast PIM
- Linux experience (command line/scripting)
- Requirements Management and Development Skills.
Please forward your CV, salary expectations and notice period to Zig Aronowicz below for further consideration.