Location(s): UK, Europe & Africa : UK : Great Baddow
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence we develop world-class radio and data systems. We are currently seeking to grow the team to support a number of future programmes and fulfil current internally funded R&D activities.
We need skilled, enthusiastic and motivated people at all experience levels from graduate to CTO to deliver these exciting new capabilities. There are opportunities in all relevant engineering disciplines with a focus on the following area:
- Space Systems
- Cyber and Electro Magnetic Affects (CEMA)
- Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT)
Many roles come with opportunities for remote / hybrid working, while primarily looking for staff be based in our Great Baddow (Essex) office there may be opportunities to be London or Guildford based.
We will provide you with personal development, CPD including support towards professional recognition, industry-leading benefits, and the opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to interesting problems with the support of our highly-skilled engineering community.
Come and join us for this exciting opportunity to shape and deliver world-class space technologies. What you will be doing (role duties and responsibilities)
Depending on your experience you will be responsible for the design and/or implementation of next generation or Generation after next Space based concepts, equipment and algorithms. These are typically demonstrated through investigation, prototyping and trials activities.
This will included state-of-the-art systems considering aspects such as concept of use, practicality, achievable performance, waveforms and algorithms, mechanics and environmental considerations. Space systes incorporate both flight and ground support element. You will draw on range of previous practical experience in some or all of these areas, and be able to quickly expand your knowledge into new areas as appropriate for the task.
You will be able to derive technical performance specifications from high level use cases, even if these are not well defined.
You will be able to work well with customers and internal stakeholders to understand use cases and communicate ideas. You will be able to collaborate well with other technical specialists and enable them to contribute to the design process. You will also support the wider engineering teams as appropriate. What we are looking for (skills and experience)
We are looking for ambitious, high-calibre people with the following background:
- Able to take technical responsibility for complex problems and suggest practical approaches.
- Good inter-personal skills; able to work well in a dynamic, collaborative team with a diverse skillset.
- Practical experience across one or more of the following areas:
- Design of flight hardware for either LEO or GEO orbits (including system, RF, electronics and/or software elements).
- Design, implementation and support of ground support equipment for space programmes (including systems, RF, electronics and/or software elements).
- Experience of system integrations (payload onto host satellites, satellite rideshare).
Any of the following skills would be complimentary not essential:
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at the same time and in a dynamic environment where deadlines and priorities are changeable.
- Proven record of designing and delivering real-world systems.
- Technically rigorous approach, typically backed up by a strong academic background.
- Practical experience of delivering solutions to real world problems.
- Familiarity with a R&D environment either commercial or academic.
- Familiar with commercial modelling and simulation tools.
- Working knowledge of one or more software languages (including MATLAB, C, C++, Python, VHDL, Simulink).
- Familiarity with SCCS standards.
- Experience of national space industrial customs (UK Space, ESA, NASA).
We would urge applications from those with partial coverage of the skills listed. Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Digital Intelligence is home to 4,000 world -class data, digital, cyber and intelligence experts within the BAE Systems Group. We work collaboratively to deliver digital expertise to our customers, partners and colleagues across the Group. Working in partnership with us, organisations including governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock their digital advantage and tackle the evolving challenges of the digital age. Division overview: C5ISR
Future battles will be fought across multiple domains simultaneously; they will be driven by data derived from sensors on crewed and un-crewed platforms operating in all domains; decision involving many variables will need to be made in milliseconds, to deliver integrated effects.
Combined, our pedigree, domain knowledge and investment in C2 systems, C4I networks, CEMA and ISR, uniquely places us to solve our customer’s multi-domain integration problems:
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Pervasive, full spectrum, multi-domain Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR)
- Multi-Domain Command & Control, Communications and Computers (C4)
- Secure and sustain advantage in the sub-threshold
- Asymmetric hard power
- Freedom of Access and Manoeuvre (FOAM)
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.