- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- Basingstoke, Hampshire, England / Berkshire, England
- £35720 - £49000 per annum
- Closing date
- 29 May 2023
- Automotive, Design, Electro-Mechanical, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical
- Aerospace & Aviation, Automotive Industry, Manufacturing, Nuclear Industry, Oil & Gas
- Job Type
Great opportunities for Manufacturing Engineers
There has never been a more exciting time to be a Manufacturing Engineer at AWE, a once-in-a-generation chance to design and shape the UK's future nuclear deterrent using innovation and the latest technologies, processes and capabilities whilst enjoying the benefit of a working pattern that gives you every other Friday off!
Manufacturing Engineers (office based)
Closing date: May 29th 2023
Location: Reading area
Salary: £35,720 - £49,000 + allowance (dependent on skills and experience)
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Working in a highly regulated environment the role of the Manufacturing Engineer is to Identify, develop and implement innovative ways of working, appropriate with a new product introduction, support our production operations, delivering continuous improvement activities; optimise productivity, safety and reduce cost.
Working alongside our design teams, technical experts and research centres we are interested in hearing from candidates who can demonstrate experience and knowledge of any of the following:
- Demonstrable experience working in a manufacturing environment, with engineering design and supply chain.
- Support prototype build activities with new processes and support resulting evaluative and non-analytical verification.
- Knowledge and understanding of process control and problem investigation tools (PFMEAs, control plans, RCA, A3, 5 whys).
- Identify, develop and implement innovative ways of working, commensurate with a new product introduction.
- Demonstrable experience in product development and developing manufacturing capability and processes.
- Experience of applying Lean Manufacturing Techniques, Continuous Improvement, Quality Tools, and Model Based Realisation.
- Experience defining or updating assembly or inspection processes is highly desirable.
- Design to Manufacture (D2M) experience of process, tooling or equipment including requirements capture and presenting at design reviews.
- Delivering results and driving innovative change.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills capable of building good working relationships within the organisation.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert