Oracle EBS Senior Functional Specialist
- England, Havant, Hampshire / England, Reading, Berkshire
- £60203 - £69982 per annum
- Closing date
- 28 May 2023
- Computing & IT
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Havant or Reading
Salary: £60,203 - £69,982 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE IT is looking for a highly self-motivated individual to fill the role of Oracle Senior Functional Specialist. The successful applicant will be working as part of the Corporate Solutions Delivery and Support Group. This is a challenging role, and we are looking for an enthusiastic, committed, and versatile individual.
Reporting to the Oracle EBS HR/Payroll Team Leader, you will be mainly responsible for the day-to-day support and development of the Payroll Module within Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) version 12.2.9. You will be heavily involved in the timely resolution of any functional incidents and problems that occur and also responsible for the design, development, system testing, UAT and rollout, of both enhancements and additions to the Payroll module within EBS.
- Working to defined standards, provide support, estimation, design, and development input into new developments for the specific EBS modules.
- With minimal assistance support our existing EBS configuration, customisations and extensions; responding to support calls raised, investigating root causes for errors and effectively managing Service Requests and Bugs with Oracle.
- Designing and developing small scale fixes, enhancement requests, and managing delivery to agreed timescales.
- Responsible for the design, development, system testing, UAT and roll-out of software enhancements and additions to these specific EBS modules.
- Provide user advice and guidance primarily on the Payroll Module but also on one of the following EBS modules HR, OTL, OLM, OPA, or Self Service as well as providing timely resolution of any incidents and problems occurring with them.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- You will be experienced in working with senior business users to establish and analyse new requirements as well as producing and maintaining accurate specifications to required standards.
- Your experience in supporting project and enhancement releases and the implementation of any regulatory and statutory requirements, security patches and software upgrades to the EBS Payroll module as well as involvement in unit testing and support for User Acceptance and Regression Testing will all be invaluable.
- Ideally, you'll be able to demonstrate the following technical experience; a background in basic Oracle SQL and Workflow development for Oracle eBusiness; knowledge and experience of Release 12 of Oracle eBusiness HRMS applications across a multi-org. set up, including OA Framework and BI Publisher; knowledge and experience of the SQL Developer.
- The ability to take ownership of problems and requests as well as the ability to work in a pressurised environment.
- Possess a strong desire and ability for constant learning, coupled with willingness and ability to share knowledge with the team.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert