- Berkshire, England, Reading
- Closing date
- 28 May 2023
- Computing & IT
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
Location: Reading, Thatcham, Havant, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Perth and Inverness
Salary: Circa £60,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
It's a great time to join us as we create two new and exciting teams to help us on our digital journey. You will be taking responsibility for our new Python products.
The role of a Full-Stack Developer is to build high quality and fully performing software that complies with coding standards, technical design, security guidelines and guardrails.
You will be:
- Designing, developing and maintaining web applications (Python & ReactJS) across the business, focusing on Azure functions, APIs and application integrations.
- Working as part of our continuous improvement team to add value to our products through development and release processes.
- Collaborating with product owners and team members to define, develop, test and deliver business outcomes.
- Help to define, implement and maintain development standards in line with specifications.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would need you to have:
- Strong Experience working with Azure: Azure authentication products, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Function Apps, Azure Blob storage and App-Insights.
- Hands-on with Python, developing and supporting function apps/web applications, familiarity with a microservices architecture and solid experience of building APIs & experience working with EventHub.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical skills, following strict coding practise with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures.
- Proficiency using GIT, In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle including the DevOps CI/CD pipelines.
- Solid experience with NoSQL (Preferably Cosmos) & MS SQL server - including creating and updating stored procedures.
- Experience in continuous improvement and operational support roles, with full end to end agile product delivery lifecycle experience.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert