Civil Project Engineer
- Glasgow, Scotland / Scotland, Aberdeen / Perth & Kinross, Scotland, Perth
- £44100 - £66100 per annum + Car/allowance/bonus/pension
- Closing date
- 28 May 2023
- Civil & Structural
- Job Type
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Inverness or Aberdeen
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 dependent on experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
SSEN Transmission is currently recruiting for an experienced Civil Project Engineer to support our growing portfolio of projects.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Provide civil engineering support across multiple projects by creating outline designs during development phases
- Including site/route selection, ground investigation specification, earthworks designs, public road upgrade and landscaping for proposed assets.
- Define the scope of engineering design, as well as validate and verify the engineering design and construction and installation for assigned projects.
- Develop scope of works and detailed specifications, supporting site teams to ensure the quality of installations.
- Evaluate tenders and scope, procure and manage specialist services.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Sound technical knowledge of industry standards and specifications and an in-depth understanding of CDM Regulations.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and concisely, facilitating decision making by senior management.
- Demonstrable experience of using digital platforms such as Infraworks to facilitate early design development and an understating of the capabilities and outputs of Civil3D will be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the strength in character to guide work, including outputs to inform the relevant audience.
- Preferably hold, or be working towards an appropriate Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert