BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments. About The Role
We are proud of the mission critical systems that we build for our customers and we support them in getting the most from Digital Transformation. This may mean building new systems or improving the integration of existing applications to improve Customer Experience. We are looking for a Technical Lead to link between the business requirements and the development team - someone who can elaborate customer requirements and create solution designs, communicate the designs across the development team, and provide support and assurance to developers as they implement those designs.
The Technical Lead is a vital and exciting role within the team. You will find yourself with a set of responsibilities spanning Software Engineering, Security & Infrastructure. Along with strong software engineering skills, you will have had some exposure to undertaking solution design/ architecture.
As a mi ssion focused technical lead, you will build a strong understanding of the project tech stack and provide decision making input to technical activities. Your time will be split braodly equally between leadership of technical aspects of the project and looking after people and process. You will have experience of operating data centre infrastructure as well as software development. About You
In Addition You Will Bring
- An established people manager with experience running technical teams ideally within the Defence industry
- A good understanding of the OSI model and experience with implementation and running of a datacentre/infrastructure project
- Experience of continually Improving back-end processes around Security, Development, Software and Hardware Management etc.
- Ability to m arshal the Application Lifecycle Management system, ensuring work is correctly broken down to the necessary granularity and ensuring that progress information is up to date at all times
- Comfortable with Agile development processes with the abiltiy to undertake Scrum Master activities where required; ability to coach development teams in Agile ways of working
- Experience designing and elaborating customer requirements. Reviewing high level requirements (Epics, Tech Debts) with the customer and team to create the architecture and provide a solution
- Experience providing assurance that the solution developed adheres to the design specification, along with handling escalation and risk management
- Ability to support and coach development team through complex technical challenges.
- Experience working in a DevOps model along with associated toolsets
- Excellent analytical skills (listening, questioning, challenging, modelling etc.)
Due to the nature of the work involved, this role will essentially invovle ful ltimeworking at our Guildford office. A willingness and ability to undergo SC Clearance is a requirement.Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.