Project Manager - Large Capital Delivery (SHEPD)
- Highlands, Scotland, Inverness
- £53681 - £62405 per annum + Car Allowance, Operational Allowance
- Closing date
- 5 Jun 2023
- Project Engineering
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible across Highlands and North East of Scotland
Salary: £53,681 - £62,405 depending on skills & experience + car / car allowance + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Reporting to the Project Director, Large Capital Delivery (SHEPD), you'll be leading and managing Large Capital & Large Connections Projects for the Networks Business throughout the Highlands & North East of Scotland.
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Identifying and forming an appropriate team to execute each specific project.
- Leading and managing a multi-disciplinary project team to achieve key project deliverables during the project construction phase.
- Developing project programmes, costs, resource schedules and relevant plans.
- Ensuring that a practicable and cost-effective scheme is delivered.
- Meeting project timelines, quality and cost parameters.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Ideally you should possess an HNC/HND or similar qualification. You must be willing to work away from your base location when required and a full UK driving licence is essential.
- An operational understanding of electrical networks gained within the Distribution and/or Transmission businesses.
- Knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other key relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Experience of the NEC3 Suite of Contracts, with a focus on the Engineering and Construction and Professional Services Contracts.
- Experience of developing, managing and reporting on multi million pound project budgets.
- An understanding of developing a project programme and timescales associated with Project Delivery and Construction activities.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fiona on 01738 340954.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert