Production Process Performance Engineer
- Lincolnshire, Scunthorpe, England
- £44100 - £66100 per annum + performance-related bonus
- Closing date
- 29 May 2023
- Civil & Structural, Control & Instrumentation, Electrical, Project Engineering
- Power, Renewables
- Job Type
About the Role
Base Location: Keadby Power Station, North Lincolnshire.
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to undertake the duties of Production Process Performance Engineer on the Keadby Power Stations site.
The role holder will be part of a production team reporting directly into the Production Manager with responsibility for the technical, & supervisory management of both Keadby's production departments personnel and process performance.
This will include but not limited to:
- Co-ordinating & managing continuous improvement in production process and plant efficiency/ performance.
- Monitoring and auditing production performance standards and KPI adherence.
- Investigating, reporting, and implementing production plant/ process modifications.
- Overseeing aspects of operator competence and task managing the power plant simulators.
- Applying SSE's System Safety Rules at the highest level and enacting the role of site Authorisation Officer.
- Ensuring that Safety, Health & Environmental aspects of Keadby production are given equal priority to business objectives.
- Exhibiting a high level of flexibility & commitment to ensure that individual & departmental targets / objectives are met.
- Delivering other associated work, where the work is within the capability & competence of the successful candidate.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we'd love you to have:
- A minimum of a HNC in an applicable subject with experience working in a process industry.
- Be able to effectively communicate, influence and manage the expectations of a range of internal and external stakeholders, at times formally presenting technical information that is easily understood by a wide-ranging audience.
- A high level of flexibility & commitment to ensure that individual & departmental targets / objectives are met.
About our Business
SSE Thermal is on a mission to deliver the flexible energy needed today while powering the transition to net zero. Our 600+ employees play a crucial role in keeping the lights on across the UK and Ireland and we're rising to the low-carbon challenge with our teams at the cutting-edge of vital technologies. We're developing ground-breaking carbon capture and storage projects and progressing plans for what could be the world's first hydrogen-fired power station, as well as a major hydrogen storage facility and exploring other exciting options as we decarbonise. We've already achieved a lot - but we're just getting started. As part of SSE, which is investing £24bn this decade, we're at the forefront of the energy transition - so come join us as we continue to grow and power change.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fiona on hannah. / 01738 341147
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert