About the role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + performance related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
As Portfolio Manager at SSEN Transmission you'll play a key role in ensuring we meet our regulatory commitments. You'll manage a team of analysts responsible for developing business planning and reporting tools to ensure we maximise performance across RIIO price control periods. Join SSEN Transmission and play your role in the delivery of UK and Scotland Net Zero targets.
RIIO stands for 'Revenue = Incentives + Innovation + Outputs' and is the framework applied by Ofgem, the industry regulator, to ensure individual network companies like SSEN Transmission provide a safe and reliable service at a fair price to consumers.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Reporting to the Portfolio Performance Manager you'll manage a team of 3+ analysts and oversee analysis and reporting of business performance against regulatory deliverables, communicating at all levels across the business including director and board level.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary teams to gain insights to support improved business performance and ensure informed strategic decision making to maximise regulatory performance.
- Build a broad understanding of the future connection pipeline across all technologies (onshore/offshore wind, hydro, solar, demand) whilst keeping up to date with the wider industry policy landscape.
- Lead the development of our business critical, long-term project pipeline forecasting tool that will play a fundamental role in future business planning.
- Manage and oversee the completion of regulatory submissions and the relationship with the regulator, Ofgem, encompassing extensive engagement with technical, financial, and engineering specialists.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Relevant experience and qualified to degree level in one of the following disciplines; Economics, Business, Finance or Engineering.
- Extensive research and analytical experience in quantitative and qualitative environments including data modelling experience are essential.
- Strategic awareness of the challenges associated with the journey to net-zero across GB, and the impact of broader political and policy developments on GB electricity networks.
- Ability to handle and analyse large quantities of data with experience in establishing, communicating and presenting well-reasoned conclusions, proposals and recommendations alongside developing business forecasting tools.
- Previous experience of direct line management and people development is highly desirable.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net-zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie Jamieson at / 01738 342963.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal record and credit check.