About the Role
Base Location: Ridgeway Region - Swindon, Oxford, Melksham, or Andover
Salary: £30,273 - £35,194 plus a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Our teams are growing and achieving great results. You could be part of this exciting and challenging business that provides job security and the opportunity to develop.
SSEN are currently looking for OHL Linespersons to join our Southern Electric Power Distribution team. A Lineperson is at the heart of our network, helping us to power change. This is an opportunity to develop an exciting career and further your authorisations within SSE. The role will include:
- Carrying out EHV, HV and LV overhead construction and maintenance within the Ridgeway Construction and Maintenance Team whilst assisting with fault response in the SEPD network area.
- Being responsible for the safety of yourself and colleagues and acting as an ambassador for a strong safety culture in everything you do.
- This role can be demanding, and you'll be required to respond quickly to emergency situations; we want to provide the best possible service to our customers in their time of need.
- This will involve working outdoors in all weather conditions with a requirement to undertake out of hours standby duties and short notice attendance for storm situations.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A proven track record in construction, repair and operation of electrical plant, equipment and apparatus.
- A high regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority, strong communication skills and an ability to convey technical aspects in a transferable manner, enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
- Being flexible to complete out of hours stand-by duties and attend short notice work in the event of severe weather.
- It is an essential requirement you have a full UK driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net-zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Robert on 01738 341105.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.