IT Risk Manager - Transmission
- Scotland, Glasgow
- £44100 - £66100 per annum + Bonus
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Computing & IT
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time| Flexible First options available
As Transmission IT Risk Manager, you'll be responsible for managing risk within SSEN Transmission business. SSEN Transmission is responsible for the transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland. We own, operate, and develop the 132kV, 275kV, 400kV and HVDC electricity transmission network in our licence area. As part of Transmission's RIIO T-2 price control an exciting programme of Digital Transformation is planned with a significant investment being made in these technologies over the next 5 years.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Support and drive the implementation and operation of the Transmission IT & Operational Technology Governance, Risk and Compliance framework.
- Facilitating risk reviews to identify, quantify and mitigate IT risks.
- Coordinate timely and appropriate actions to be taken in response to audit actions. Support the formulation of delivery plans to address root cause and monitor progress.
- Monitor and report compliance with relevant policies, standards, procedures, legislation, and regulation.
- Regular stakeholder engagement providing advice and guidance on risk management while supplying key management information to enable the IT Leadership to make decisions.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A risk management professional with at least 3 years relevant experience with solid knowledge of IT governance frameworks such as COBIT 5, ITIL, ISO31000, 27005, 38500 and their interactions.
- Experience of delivering IT risk, compliance, or assurance activities.
- Industry standards, regulation, and legislation knowledge.
- Focus on continuous improvement.
- Understanding of SSE Transmission strategy, structure and governance framework.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert