- London, England, West London
- £38073 - £44257 per annum + Car allowance
- Closing date
- 28 May 2023
- Electrical, Project Engineering
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
Base Location: Wiltshire (Swindon, Melksham, Andover) and Thames Valley (Buckinghamshire/West London)
Salary: £38,073 - £44,257 + car / cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are looking for a Large Connections Project Manager to join our busy team!
In this role you will be responsible for the successful project delivery of a range of connections.
Projects will include small domestic connections through to large commercial connections, and diversions of all voltages (LV, 11kV and 33kV).
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of connections projects to time, cost and customer satisfaction.
- Issuing each contract package to our Framework Partner ensuring compliance, cost management, project tracking and accuracy of information to efficiently deliver connections projects.
- Driving profitability and opportunity through excellent customer service, identifying areas of improvement to work collaboratively with the delivery partners and wider business.
- Ensuring the inspection of works and supporting information is available and given to all parties within the connections delivery process and that all required contracts are managed, completed correctly and stored in line with SSEN processes.
- Providing support to both our customers and delivery partners to ensure the projects proceed efficiently.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Awareness and understanding of SSE connections methodology and licensing conditions that relate to connections activities and our regulatory framework including knowledge of Statutory, Regulatory and Licence requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the operation, and management, of an NEC3 contract and the various interactions with the delivery partners.
- Project management skills; managing multiple workloads, finance and project planning and a Prince 2 practitioner - or working towards similar qualification.
- Sound business and technical knowledge of electricity distribution or similar market sector.
- Excellent planning, organisational and problem-solving skills.
Regular travel is required and as a result we can only accept applications from candidates that hold a current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert