System Planning Analyst
- Perth, Perth & Kinross, Scotland / Glasgow, Scotland / England, Berkshire, Reading
- £28300 - £42500 per annum + Performance related bonus
- Closing date
- 13 Jun 2023
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
About the Role
Base Location: Reading, Perth, Glasgow or Inverness
Salary: £28,300 - £42,500 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
In this role you will:
- Work on the front line to help the UK reach Net-Zero targets by supporting the network analysis and development of our network to connect low-carbon technologies into distribution networks.
- Learn to use modern power system modelling packages to undertake detailed technical assessment for new connections and propose most cost-effective and technically sound solutions.
- Learn to make investment decisions to ensure the compliance of networks and to meet the growth of generation and demand in the distribution network.
- Engage with influential industry bodies, such as OFGEM, National Grid, and renewable developers.
- Be at the forefront of digitalisation of energy infrastructure; modernising and automating processes to provide a wow factor to our customers and stakeholders.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A degree level qualification or equivalent experience in a Science, Technology, Maths or Computing subject. You don't have to have any engineering knowledge but we'd like you to be curious about how things work.
- Numerate skills, curiosity, commitment, a good work discipline and willingness to learn. You will become data and system experts, problem solvers, critical thinkers, future strategists, analytical communicators and team-focused collaborators.
- Enthusiasm for energy and engineering with a passion for innovative ideas that will help to transform the energy industry.
- You can learn the technical side of things with us; we'll teach you how networks work as well as the systems and processes. Full training will be provided.
***Please note*** If successful, employment in the role will start on 11 September 2023 with 6 weeks of full time training. You must be available to start on that date and complete the training period.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net-zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stacey on 01738 342529.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert