Civil Operation Engineer
- Perth & Kinross, Scotland / Scotland, Glasgow / Aberdeen, Scotland
- £42691 - £49696 per annum + car / car allowance
- Closing date
- 1 Jun 2023
- Civil & Structural, Control & Instrumentation, Electrical, Project Engineering
- Power, Renewables
- Job Type
About the Role
Base Location: Aberdeen, Dundee, Inverness, Perth
Salary: £42,691 to £49,696 + car / car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The duties and responsibilities of the Civil Operation Engineer are:
- To inspect, report and manage on the Civil Engineering and Building assets on our sites.
- Apply Eurocodes, British Standards, Building Regulations and related Health & Safety law to ensure compliance of our sites.
- Produce budgets and estimates to promote excellence in the maintenance of our assets.
- Develop an understanding of the Transmission network and the application of the safety rules attached to it.
- Engage and collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A recognised civil engineering/construction qualification (HNC or higher, allow we will consider candidates with relevant experience)
- Demonstrable communication skills. Written, verbal and graphically.
- Competence in IT systems, preferably in MS Office suite, AutoCAD and document management systems. It would be desirable to have experience in GIS.
- A clean UK driving licence
- Contract Management experience, NEC 3 preferred.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert