Electrical & Instrument Engineer
- Kerry, Republic of Ireland
- £47392.01 - £71476.48 per annum + Bonus
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Job Type
About our Business
SSE Thermal is on a mission to deliver the flexible energy needed today while powering the transition to net zero. Our 600+ employees play a crucial role in keeping the lights on across the UK and Ireland and we're rising to the low-carbon challenge with our teams at the cutting-edge of vital technologies. We're developing ground-breaking carbon capture and storage projects and progressing plans for what could be the world's first hydrogen-fired power station, as well as a major hydrogen storage facility and exploring other exciting options as we decarbonise. We've already achieved a lot - but we're just getting started. As part of SSE, which is investing £24bn this decade, we're at the forefront of the energy transition - so come join us as we continue to grow and power change.
To find out more, read this blog from Catherine Raw, our Managing Director, on our critical role in delivering net zero.
About the Role
Base Location: Tarbert,
Salary: €54,900 - €82,200 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Thermal are recruiting for an Electrical and Instrument Engineer to join our team.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for Asset Management of our Portfolio of OCGTs circa. 1000MW located at Tarbert, Rhode , Tawnaghmore & Platin.
- Understanding of and strategic management of the asset integrity of station electrical assets, various control systems and instrumentation installed at these stations.
- Provide design, project management and commissioning services.
- Definition and instruction of proactive maintenance and associated resource planning, budgeting and contractor management for station electrical and instrumentation assets.
- Delivery of projects in alignment with the SSE and station strategies including financial justification preparation, specification, procurement, implementation, and commissioning.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree level NFQ Level 8 or equivalent qualification in an appropriate engineering discipline, supported with experience working in Power Station engineering or other heavy industry.
- Experience in the design and maintenance of MV and LV electrical switchgear and motors.
- Experienced in the planned maintenance and testing of HV, MV and LV Distribution, Unit and House transformers.
- Ideally experienced in the maintenance and operation of ABB Distributed Power Plant Control System, Siemens S7 PLC, Allen Bradley Control Logix PLC, SCADA, ABB Turbine Governors and Burner Management Systems.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Hannah on 01738 341147.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert