Lead DevOps Engineer - Asset Applications
- Scotland, Perth, Perth & Kinross
- £60203 - £69982 per annum
- Closing date
- 31 May 2023
- Computing & IT
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £60,203 - £69,982 and a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What do I need?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for the role of Lead DevOps Engineer. While experience in the Energy/Utilities industry would be considered, we value transferable skills and experience in related industries. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player with strong technical skills, who can independently prioritize tasks to achieve our value-focused outcomes. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within our workplace and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Primary duties for the role include:
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the performance of application support across our agile value streams measured against our service level agreements (SLAs).
- Work with Product Owners and technical colleagues within our Asset Management value stream to assist with organizing and delivering the backlog of development work relating to our commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) application portfolio.
- Act as a departmental subject matter expert (SME) for service transition relating to the supportability of our application portfolio across all value streams.
- Coordinate and assume responsibility for operational processes including incident and problem management, service continuity, vulnerability management, and routine maintenance.
Experience sought to support the role:
- Experience of supporting a diverse portfolio of applications, including Real-Time asset information systems (primarily PI), Asset Condition Monitoring and Modelling systems (including Smart Signal, Condmaster Ruby, and Petex suite), Safe Asset Operations systems (including Opralog) and experience supporting Electronic Document Management systems.
- Knowledge of SQL databases (IaaS and PaaS), Microsoft Power Platform and Azure hosting solutions would be beneficial.
- Demonstrable experience of following Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes, including incident, problem, and change management.
- Experience working in Agile teams and knowledge of a DevOps culture.
- Experience in application development and data visualization would be advantageous.
- Experience in enhancing customer experience via strong stakeholder relationships.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert