- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- Berkshire, England
- + benefits
- Closing date
- 1 Jun 2023
- Nuclear Industry
- Job Type
AWE is currently looking to recruit an Inspection and Metrology specialist. The ideal candidate will have skills in Co-ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) technology and its application in a modern precision manufacturing environment.
Location - Reading area
Salary - £35,720 - £45,000 per annum (dependant on experience and suitability of the role).
Closing Date - 1st June 2023
To be considered for this role, you will need knowledge/experience of the following:
- Previous experience with CMM programming and associated software.
- Sound workshop experience in the application of inspection quality tools and techniques, production activities and processes.
- Inspection practices, use of inspection equipment, setting up of components/assemblies.
- Basic understanding of measurement uncertainty analysis
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) and model-based inspection methods
- Reporting of product status including non-conformance management
- Knowledge of inspection quality tools, processes, practices, principles, and systems.
- Experience of and ability to interpret engineering drawings (GD&T) and technical specifications.
- Basic understanding of problem resolution and continuous improvement tools and techniques. e.g. accredited by Yellow Belt and Green Belt programmes.
- Knowledge of practical applications of 6-sigma methodology
- Desirable - knowledge or experience in Quindos and PcDmis programming software; however, we welcome all candidates with CMM technology experience.
Ideally, you will have a strong manufacturing background preferably with an emphasis on precision engineering and have experience using a first-principle measurement and a range of measuring equipment including coordinate measuring machines (CMMs). Candidates must have served a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship and hold qualifications to HNC level in mechanical engineering or manufacturing technology. Candidates with equivalent experience and/or qualifications may be considered. Applicants must have a strong team ethic and good interpersonal skills.
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert