Ford Halewood Transmissions Ltd is undergoing a huge transformation, with significant growth in 2023. To prepare for the upcoming launch we are looking for a range of skills to join the workforce. Ford is investing
£355m into the Halewood site to produce electric power units and Halewood will be the first site to manufacture EV components in Europe, commencing in 2024 with a capacity of 420,000 units.
Ford Halewood Transmissions Limited (FHTL) are seeking Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance experts to support the business. Our Maintenance team plays a pivotal role in ensuring production machinery, assembly
lines and equipment are maintained and repaired as required to ensure the maximum operation uptime, working to all relevant FHTL procedures to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Environmental objectives
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to:)
● Perform fault-finding and diagnosis on a range of Siemens PLC controlled equipment.
● Carry out planned preventative maintenance on a range of pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors, CNC machines and robots in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and industry standard practices.
● Be responsible for the recording of all work undertaken.
● Analysis and resolution of Electrical and Mechanical faults and repairs, driving for continuous improvements to machinery.
● Follow safety procedures and risk assessments.
● Work alongside other Maintenance Engineers to combine a great deal of initiative and enthusiasm with a sound understanding of electrical and mechanical issues.
● Work with Vendors, Production and Process Engineering teams to ensure optimum uptime and improvements to machines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
● Recognised Engineering Craft Apprenticeship and ONC (or equivalent) in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering - Essential
● PC Literate, Ability to work under pressure, part of a team, effective multitasker with a “can do” attitude - Essential
● Previous employment in a Maintenance role - Essential
● Experience of preventive maintenance, fault-finding, diagnosis of faults on pneumatics, hydraulics,
leadscrews, spindles, PLC and CNC machines and assembly lines ideally.
● Understanding of Profibus systems.
● Siemens S7 PLC, Solution line, Power Line, 840D and Automation Drive Experience.
● Excellent communication skills; Technical cross shift handover / line up.
● Experience of utilising Mechanical & Electrical technical manuals and drawings.
● Access to our Employee Development and Assistance Programme (EDAP).
● A unique opportunity to access Ford’s Privilege scheme - allowing you to purchase Ford vehicles at a discount.
● A great salary increasing yearly, along with our competitive pension scheme.
● An excellent work-life balance, including a generous holiday allowance of 25 days. (inclusive of set shut down dates)
● Cycle to Work Scheme
● On site facilities such as a gym, sauna and steam room
The Company is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment or harassment on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sex, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or disability. This vacancy is advertised in line with the FORD equal opportunities policy.