About the Role
Base Location: Oxford, Melksham, Swindon, Portsmouth, Aldershot, Basingstoke or Petersfield
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Occupational Safety Advisor will aid the Lead Occupational Safety Advisor in providing safety advice and support to the business. You will also ensure that projects delivered within your remit reduce risk and improve governance.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Liaising as required with Occupational Safety Managers and Regional/Site Manager to ensure co-ordination and co-operation regarding the health aspects which intersect with occupational safety and health.
- Working with the Lead Occupational Safety Advisor to deliver the Safety Family requirements in line with the SSE Safety Family Program, ensuring this is delivered in a clear, consistent, and frequent way including working with Preferred/Strategic Contractors to develop stronger, safer and respectful relationships on site.
- Assisting in providing effective technical support to the business for the management of serious incidents including dangerous occurrences and near hits.
- Assisting the Lead Occupational Safety Advisor in escalating incidents in line with the escalation process and ensure incidents are recorded, reviewed, communicated, and reported at the appropriate levels.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would like you to have
- Graduate qualification in Occupational Safety (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma) or related discipline or appropriate proven knowledge and experience.
- Sound knowledge of design, planning, construction, maintenance and operational field practices in the electrical distribution industry.
- Experience working with safety management system policies and strategies within an asset intensive engineering environment.
- Trained and experienced in incident investigation.
- Ability to challenge and effect change on site under sometimes challenging conditions.
- Working knowledge of current UK safety legislation that impact the Networks Business.
- Excellent communication, planning, organisational and problem-solving skills.
It's an essential requirement that you have a full and current UK drivers licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net-zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stacey on 01738 342529.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.