SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Scotland
Salary: £47,872 - £55,653 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Real Time Systems is an Operational Technology team embedded within the Networks business. The remit of the team is to design implement and support the business critical Operational Technology systems necessary to monitor and control the plant and safety systems used in the Distribution Network Management Centres (NMC).
As a Real Time Systems User Acceptance Test Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Support engineering for the Primary and Secondary Operational Applications.
- Project engineering, Vulnerability Management for RTS Operational Technology Applications.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A qualification in an Engineering, Computing or Science based subject.
- A strong understanding and experience of the design, configuration, installation and commissioning of Operational Applications such as DMS, Data Historians, general SCADA, Telemetry and communications systems.
- Strong understanding and experience of working with various Operating Systems - including Windows Desktop, Windows Server, Linux.
- Strong understanding and experience of working with various Database Applications - including Oracle and Microsoft SQL.
- An understanding and awareness of OT cyber-security requirements in order to ensure delivery of safe and secure project solutions.
- An understanding of Data Networking technology.
- A good understanding and experience of FAT and SAT techniques and documentation.
- An appreciation of power systems infrastructure and plant operation. A strong awareness of personal cyber-security responsibilities.
- Working understanding of risk assessment and risk management processes.
- Excellent communication skills with strong organisational and problem solving skills.
Candidates for this role will be required to obtain vetting to SC level through UK Government. The criteria normally includes 5 years UK residency, further information can be found here: United Kingdom Security Vetting: Applicant - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.