- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Guildford, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 18 Jun 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
The Wireless Products group works with customers to develop innovative mission critical technology. Applications include software radios, space technology and underwater systems.
We have openings for individuals to work as software developers in one of our client facing product teams. Relevant industry experience is preferable but most of all we are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed Software Developers with a strong academic background with a strong desire to grow their technical ability.
We have a range of roles available, from Junior through to Mid & Senior level Developers.
What you could be doing for us:
Depending on your project assignment and level of experience, you may work on some or all of the following:
- High performance application design and development in C++ and related languages.
- Developing and deploying software which typically includes low level development (eg real-time software, drivers, embedded software etc.) and requires an understanding of the underlying hardware systems.
- Managing technical tasks/projects and people.
- Customer-facing technical consultancy.
- Work towards gaining the experience required to take technical lead roles.
- Mentoring and coaching junior colleagues.
What background are we looking for?
We are looking for ambitious, high-calibre people with the following characteristics:
- C++ experience
- Broad interest in wireless technology, embedded systems and awareness of latest industry developments.
- Ability to produce high-quality software
- Understanding of low-level computing concepts
- Development on and for Linux based embedded systems
- Range of other development skills, including C (for embedded systems), Java, HTML5, React/Redux, Python, GDB.
- Modern software development methodologies such as Agile and Test Driven Development.
- Understanding of radio communication systems and concepts.
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role need to be eligible to apply for a UK Government security clearance (SC)
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert