Weapon Systems Algorithms Engineer
- Closing date
- 5 Jun 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Up to circa £55,000 depending on experience
MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role.
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more.....
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; however, this role is predominantly site based.
The opportunity: Weapon Systems Algorithms Engineer
We are looking for an adaptable technologist with an aptitude for mathematics to complement our team of technical professionals to develop algorithms for future weapon systems.
- Algorithm development and test using MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Collaboration with the systems team to understand how the algorithms will be used, and with the software team to appreciate how they will be implemented.
- Opportunities to influence:
- How we develop algorithms within the team and more widely within MBDA.
- How the team grows and adapts to meet evolving technological needs.
- Training on our products, and on the analysis used by the algorithms we develop.
- Responsibility through task ownership.
- Opportunities for progression in technical and managerial directions.
We are a specialist and forward-thinking team using product knowledge and mathematical analysis to develop the algorithms that underpin the advanced capabilities of our weapon systems. To keep ahead of our rivals, we are always looking to the state of the art in algorithm technology. This includes an increasing adoption of methods that employ machine-learning and artificial intelligence.
We are a small team with
- Clear purpose;
- A collegiate and rewarding working environment;
- A strong and cooperative team ethic;
- A commitment to quality;
- A willingness to embrace change;
- A clear identity;
- Value placed on diversity.
What we're looking for from you:
- Do you have an aptitude and willingness to work with mathematics?
- A commitment to quality and the procedures we follow to ensure it.
- A desire to make an impression within the MBDA engineering community.
Any experience in any of the following areas would be highly beneficial:
- Mathematical analysis
- Numerical simulation
- Machine learning
- Software development
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert