Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
Circa £45k - £50k depending on experience + bonus + benefitsWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The Opportunity:
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Electro-Optical (EO) Seekers & Sensors Department as a Systems Engineer - Electro-Optical Projects. We are responsible for supporting MBDA's complex weapon programmes through the provision of specialist Electro-Optical support. Depending on the programme this will vary from specification and assessment through to delivery and support. We also lead and conduct industry-leading innovative R&D activities to support future emerging programmes.
The nature of the work is broad, varied and dynamically changing. You will work within a highly skilled and expert team that will support you in delivering our commitments.
We will work with you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience, as well as supporting your ongoing professional development, all while ensuring a good work-life balance.
The successful applicant will join one of our project teams developing ground-breaking EO Seekers & Sensors for our complex weapons. You will be responsible for driving the technical direction of our products to meet challenging customer requirements by engaging and coordinating with wider specialist design teams and external entities to ensure we successfully deliver on our commitments.What we're looking for from you:
- A well-rounded Systems Engineer with experience across the full Systems Engineering lifecycle, from Operational Analysis and Requirement Elicitation through to Certification and Acceptance.
- Have a consistent track record of on time delivery particularly in a dynamic working environment.
- Able to engage with a broad range of partners and forge strategic technical relationships.
- Be adaptable, self-starting and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.