Bolton MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingPrincipal Engineer RF/Microwave
You'll work on new seeker products in fast paced programme within a dynamic team to develop RF/microwave sub-systems as part of the seeker development activities. This requires an engineer with broad skills in RF/microwave design with experience of designing sub-units mixed with analogue/digital electronics, programmable devices and MMIC technologies.
We're looking for you to have a high degree of enthusiasm and a determination to deliver products to the right standard within the required timescales.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- Design and develop RF/microwave circuits for use in multimode seeker applications.
- Perform development test and integration activities on circuits and sub-assemblies in accordance with all relevant processes, standards and requirements.
- Produce and maintain test documentation associated with seeker hardware, including specifications, development test schedules and test result sheets.
- Oversee the transition of development hardware into series production, including robustness testing and qualification testing.
- Perform technical investigations to provide data for problem assessment, design improvements and support development of solutions to technical issues.
Join a great team!
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements.
- You will gain experience in seeker technologies and hardware engineering design and integration practices.
- You will be involved in various stages of seeker development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of seeker design, integration and manufacture.
- You will have the opportunity for career progression with formal and on the job training.
- Youll be joining an established dynamic and focussed design team that have a range of skills and experience. The team also has some newer recruits that have integrated quickly within a supportive environment.
- The team have a common goal for the delivery of seeker hardware solutions that meets the customer's requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. The successful candidate will be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both MBDA and the customer.
- The project offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with a specialist team managing technically challenging technology within MBDA and using various specialist suppliers.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.