MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingEngineering Manager - RF/Microwave/IR System Hardware
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a new seeker product with a fast paced programme within a dynamic team to manage the seeker development activities. The seeker must be fit for purpose for its intended use against requirements including a particular emphasis on the assessment and introduction of cost reduction improvements as the design evolves.What we're looking for
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with modules relating to RF or electronics.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers, acting as a team leader.
- Demonstrable experience of product lifecycles from concept through to production.
- The ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers.
- Experience of project management and cost control.
Whilst not essential, it will be highly desirable to demonstrate an education background including science subjects such as physics and ICT.What's in it for you?
Join a great team!
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements.
- You will gain experience in seeker technologies and hardware engineering design and integration practices.
- You will be involved in various stages of seeker development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of seeker integration, trials and manufacture.
- You will have the opportunity for career progression with formal and on the job training.
- The successful candidate will be joining a developing dynamic design team that have a range of skills and experience. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop the role and assist with forming the design team.
- The team have a common goal for the delivery of a seeker hardware solution that meets the customer's requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. The successful candidate will be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both MBDA and the customer.
- The project offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with a specialist team managing technically challenging technology within MBDA using various specialist suppliers.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.