- Closing date
- 18 Jun 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
We are looking for experienced Systems Engineers to join our growing Radio Frequency (RF) Seekers team to perform activities including algorithm development and systems studies. There are roles available across multiple Seeker programmes entering their assessment phases including Future Cruise Anti-Ship Weapon (FC/ASW) and Meteor, working to develop and deliver cutting edge technologies including Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESA) and highly integrated multi-mode sensors.
You will have the scope to get involved in a variety of systems tasks, and plenty of opportunities to innovate and drive the technical scope of the programmes. We are a specialist and diverse team, so you'll also be able to develop your skills and will be fully supported in doing so. We need you to have a degree level qualification or equivalent experience, and the ability to achieve the appropriate level of security clearance (SC). Most importantly, we want you to have passion for the industry and technology, and we can help you develop your career and give you exposure to some incredible technologies and products.
- Algorithm development
- Identification, Planning and Running of investigations to inform systems design
- Data analysis
- Working as part of a team or individually
- Knowledge of RF systems and digital signal processing
- Technical report writing
- Modelling and coding (significant experience of MATLAB and ideally Simulink)
- Experience in forming hypotheses and creating the method to prove them.
- Machine Learning and AI
As part of the role you will be involved in a number of activities including many of the following:
- Development of algorithms
- Identifying studies that demonstrate the algorithm is fit for purpose and identifying future changes required as a result of any deficiencies
- Interacting with a wide network of stakeholders across multiple domains.
- Integration of algorithms within a complex Seeker model
- Undertaking and documenting system studies and performance analysis
- Encouraging innovation - for example improved agile methods, process improvements, and use of machine learning / AI in the products'.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert